SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, August 17, 2017

My Week of Adventure



The river that was behind where we stayed in TN.


As some of you may know I was able to go home last week to see my family. I had a couple of days actually at home and then spent Monday thru Friday in Pigeon Forge, TN with my parents. I just wanted to share my wonderful time away with you all.







 I started the week off by attending the Redskins training camp in Richmond. Though I live close I had never been before.








Skywheel View






 After enjoying a couple of days at home my parents and I made our way to Pigeon Forge for the first time. I totally recommend. The mountains are so beautiful, the people are super friendly, and it is all around a wonderful place.





On our first day of the trip we went to Dollywood. It was so amazing! We walked around, rode rides, and saw some Bald Eagles and other birds that they have there.              








Aside from rides, Dollywood also features a Gospel Music Hall of Fame Museum and a replica of  Dolly Parton's childhood home.







 The following day we went to ride the Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster. This thing is amazing! It is a track, almost like a bobsled, that sits along the side of the mountain. It carts you up and then you ride it down.





 After our thrilling coaster ride we headed to The Island. It is basically a bunch of shops and restaurants. We spent the afternoon and early evening shopping, eating dinner, and riding the Skywheel. They also have a fountain (pictured) that has a dance party on the hour, every hour.












On Thursday we started the day off with breakfast at the Applebarn. I had actually gone here several years ago after a church trip and I unknowingly realized it was in the same place as we were for vacation.








With full bellies and a day ahead of us we made our may to the Titanic Museum. This was hands down one of the best museums I have been to. They even had a replica iceberg to touch and frigid water to feel. It made the experience more real and makes one realize how sad it was to have been on the Titanic.








We were very fortunate to have gone on this trip when we did because it is the 20th anniversary of the movie Titanic, which meant the museum was lent some of the costumes to put on display. They were the only objects that we could take photos of inside the museum.






These are three of Roses prominent outfits from the movie. I always loved the white one with the lace and pink ribbon. Sadly, that is the dress she wore the night the Titanic went down.












Thursday night we went to Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede. I used to go as a child at Myrtle Beach, but they have since converted it to a pirate themed show. I was so excited to go again and experience the show, and of course, the food.










Here is just a glimpse at some of the riders in the show. They are all amazing and the show is so fun.












 On Friday we drove home, and of course, the best part was picking up the puppy who we deeply missed while we were away.









While it was sad to come home it was great to have our puppy back and to get some rest from our vacation. I definitely have plans to go back in the near future. It seems like it is especially pretty in the fall and at Christmas time. I would recommend this trip to anyone because they have options and things to do for all ages. Overall, it was a great trip and a wonderful time with my family. I hope you all enjoyed what I could share and be on the lookout for more pictures that I will be adding on Facebook. 



XOXO 
Sarah

Post a Comment