SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, July 8, 2017

What Next?


Photo from: Google Images

No truer words than those, in the quote above, can explain how I felt about graduating college. For four years college was my life. It was the time where I found myself and the person I wanted to be. It wasn't always easy, with many ups and down, but it was so worth it. Even though I knew what steps I was taking next I was saddened by the thought of ending my undergraduate years and leaving many memories and possibly friendships behind.

     Coming in as a freshman I was so lost and confused as to who I was. I didn't know that at the time, but looking back I can see it.  I knew I wanted to keep my faith going and possibly partake in choir, but I was also concerned with how others would view me. I still had that high school mindset in the college realm. Thankfully, I learned quickly that it didn't matter. College was a new place, a new start, and a new opportunity. I joined a bible study, which led me to be further involved in campus ministry, and I started singing in a group and in choir. I was slowly coming out of my shell and blossoming into the person that God intended me to be. 

       Life since graduating has been tough, to say the least. I felt like I left a piece of me behind when I crossed that stage. I wondered if I could still be this person that God intended me to be even without the same support I had and the wonderful opportunities. I became scared and had a flare up with my depression. I was overwhelmed by the stress of moving and settling into my new life, but God pulled me through it. He showed me that things would be okay and that my life wasn't over because my college years were done. In fact it is almost quite the opposite. My life is just beginning. 

       As I closed the chapter of one book I have opened another. This time it is my turn, to decide on my own, how it goes. I am happy to say that I have settled into life and graduate classes. I found a church I really like and want to become more involved with and I still manage to stay connected with my friends. Life isn't easy and being an adult definitely has its ups and downs, but I have decided to take it one day at a time and with God by my side. Together we will write the next chapter of my book and embrace this new season in life. In the words of Natasha Bedingfield "the rest is still unwritten." 


XO, 
Sarah 

Post a Comment